Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Why I love being married: Part 2

Points #1 and #2 were written about in yesterday's post. Please check them out if you haven't already. Now, onto points #3 and #4...

Why I love being married | #3: He honors my need for coffee and silence in the morning and undisturbed weekend mornings
There is nothing worse than to have your "entrance into the day" disrupted. It leaves you in a bad mood all day, feeling groggy and just overly irritated. Adriano gets that I need coffee and quiet for at least 20 minutes each morning before I'm ready to engage with the world. He respects and honors this need and I love him all the more for that. I can assure you, it certainly improves the quality of our relationship. : )

Similarly, he knows how I hate being woken up on the weekends and despise getting up before 8:30am come Saturday and Sunday. He's generally ready and raring to go come 7:00am, so he finds this quite inconvenient at times. Yet, again he generally respects and honors this need of mine and figures out some way to play quietly while I continue to sleep on. Thanks honey! © 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved

#4: He's the only thing that remains constant in my mind when I think of the future
Granted, we'll change as people, as will our relationship as time passes, but when I think of the future I see him and a child (that is yet to exist). Everything else is a blur. Of course I have long-term goals for other things in my life, such as my company, writing projects, etc. But the thing is, these things are unknowns...they may stay constant or life may change in such a way that their importance or significance in my life may diminish over time.

I don't consider Adriano to be an "unknown." I'm sure we'll go through our hard times, just as any married couple does. But I feel confident that regardless of what we are up against, that we'll find resolution to our issues in a manner that is mutually agreeable to the both of us.

© 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment