Friday, November 21, 2008

High Point/ Low Point: An example

I received an email this morning asking for some more detail regarding the "High Point/ Low Point" communication framework. So, I thought I'd share what my highs and lows were for yesterday as an example.



As you can see, it being cold in Chicago is hardly a truly depressing thing. It's cold. So what? What can I tell you...it was my low point of yesterday. With that said, I'd say yesterday was a pretty darn good day. © 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved

Your high points can be something that made you laugh, such as a special moment with your wife/husband/child/friend, something positive that happened at work, or an exciting purchase. And your low points are things that have made you upset or disappointed in some way, such as receiving an unexpected bill in the mail, having a negative conversation with a friend, experiencing frustrations related to a project at work or a burned turkey at Thanksgiving (hopefully that doesn't happen to any of you!).

Each day the highs and lows are relative to only one another and not to the days before them. Each day is its own day. And each day has a high point and a low point.

Adriano and I had a 20 minute conversation yesterday related specifically to our highs and lows. So much conversation coming from simply sharing five points (my three and his two) is the power of a simple framework for communication.

© 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment