Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Connection Points: No official scorecard

Wow! The Connection Points concept has really caught the interest of many of the readers of this blog. This post and the "The Texas Sexperiment" one seem to be the posts most consistently referenced by friends and family that I've been connecting with in the last few weeks.

Through conversation, I've come to realize that there is a critical aspect of the Connection Points game that needs to be further clarified. So, here it goes...

There is no scorecard © 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved
The act of giving and receiving Connection Points is symbolic. By giving a Connection Point to your partner you're simply saying, "this behavior or action that we are doing together makes me feel connected to you. I think it might be nice to do more things like this in the future." You don't keep score. The points aren't redeemable for something down the road.

Of course, you can tweak the game however you wish. An official scorecard could be an element that you and your partner integrate into your relationship. In my opinion, however, adding this element into the mix adds levels of complexity and competition into the "game" that have the potential of stripping the fun and lightheartedness of it all away. But, to each his own...if this works for you, run with it.

To that end, I'm running out to have some connection time with my sweetie. We are finally back in the same city and I just finished up my last project for the year yesterday. Vacation has begun and I'm looking forward to making the most of it.

© 2008 - Brianna Sylver - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment