Monday, February 22, 2010

A Time-Tested Relationship Tip

A few weeks ago I signed up for a newsletter that delivers one time-tested relationship tip to your inbox every Monday morning. Every tip comes from couples married 50 years or more. I liked today's tip.
"In many ways marriage is like a tender plant. It requires constant nourishment and care if it is to prosper and bloom. It means that the marriage partnership requires daily care. The partner needs to be told daily how my love for her is constant. It is well to give thanks...on a daily basis."
- George, married to Ruthanna on January 25, 1936

Would love to hear all the ways my readers give thanks to their loved ones on a daily basis. Is it through words, gestures, or gifts, for instance?

2 comments:

  1. In my case, actions speak louder than words. A simple gesture or a spontaneous activity such as saying "I love you" at random times daily, leaving a note on his briefcase that say sweet things, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. Arya Samaj Mandir in Chandigarh, Marriage in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete