Monday, April 13, 2009

Headed to Finland

I wanted to give you all the heads up that I'll be taking a break from writing for the Designing Marriage blog over the next couple of weeks. I'm headed to Finland today for a workshop that I'll be participating in over there.

Over the past few months, I've been working on a grant project intent on developing a new payment strategy/ transaction model for assisting a low-income, Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) community in purchasing a shared resource, such as water harvesting equipment. To date, I've been advising the research team remotely in their in-field data collection efforts in rural areas of the Philippines and in India. This week and next, the team and myself are meeting in Helsinki, Finland to analyze the data that has been collected and conceptualize a new transaction model for selling shared resources to BoP communities.

I'm expecting the workshop–which is 8 days in length–to be pretty intense, so I will bid you all farewell for now. I likely will be posting periodic updates regarding the workshop's progress on the Sylver blog (just launched last week), so feel free to check it out if interested. Otherwise, I'll reconvene with you all during the week of April 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment